Thursday, February 18, 2010

These boots were made for walking


Finally my current lifestyle allows me to go from boots to flip flops and only on rare occasions must I step into pumps or strappy heels.  I shall never be averse to the latter, in fact I love Christian and Jimmy but I see this as a fortuitous break, having had to wear "ouchies" regularly in the past after accepting early on in life that agony was non-negotiable when it came to looking good.

Although I now drive much more than I ever have in the past, I like walking as much as I like public transportation so I had been in constant search for footcandy that provided mileage.  I found them in my Sartore boots, my number one footwear of choice!  

A second generation company, Sartore was born in the south of France in 1959 but manufacturing was moved to Italy in 1997 when daughters Françoise and Catherine Sartore took over design and management.  There is no better leather out there, quality is foremost and the designs are western meets cavalier with equestrian details so distinctive - they can only ever be achieved by hand.  The caps and vamps do not tire and they keep their spiffy shape through wear.   The heels are algorithmically engineered but trust me, there is nothing "sensible" about these shoes!  











photo credits: Sartore
Sartore has corner boutiques at Le Bon Marché and Galeries Lafayette in Paris.  In the U.S. they are available at Barneys New York.  They can also be ordered online at YOOX.COM and occasionally there are good listings on eBay ®.

No comments: