Friday, February 19, 2010

I am surrounded by beauty....

Mustard blossoms are abloom in the Napa valley and the fields are blanketed in golden yellow... we are seeing more glimpses of spring and I am loving the gorgeous landscape of my new home.
A frequent destination, Castello di Amorosa, lucky me!
And because I am often there, you would think that I have by now become used to this breathtaking sight.  But no, my heart skips a beat a soon as I ascend the hill and the castle gently comes into view.  
A tour of the castle is so worthwhile not only because nothing has been spared in building this authentic edifice, it is also the mark of one man's extraordinary endeavor to turn dream into reality.  The tour culminates in the tasting room and after savoring the castle's exquisite libation and my palate is gratified (make sure you taste the IL BARONE and secure your vintage!) my eyes wander onto the royal gift items that surround me and they start feasting on the following......

These Maria Stashak venetian glass and Swarovski® beads bracelets are a reproduction of Edwardian and Victorian jewelry.  
 $80.00 - $189.00

A chunky gold-plated La Vie Parisienne (by Catherine Popesco) necklace with charm pendants.  
$120.00

Moyna evening (princess?) bag.  
$92.00

Pashmina and silk scarf 
$85.00

French Berets! They never go out of style! 
$13.00 and $15.75

satin wine bags
$13.95

Am I in Florence? paper and stationery corner
 
and even when just for the moment, I feel like a princess.........

No comments: