Friday, February 26, 2010

Layer and peel....

If I would have had to shop for my outfit for today, these would have been my choices and yes, they would have provided instant gratification!  My current fancy is to layer as smartly as possible - the scarf over the vest, over the jacket, over the long-sleeve shirt, over the tank top and then peel from the outermost layer (like an onion!) as long as the weather keeps switching from wet and cold to dry and warm and vice versa.


Layer and peel
I have a weakness for t-shirts by American Vintage, Majestic Paris as well as Michael Stars, Velvet and J.Crew.  They are perfect for layering, they withstand a normal wash cycle and do not shrink or lose their shape.   We now wear them tee-over-tee: long-sleeve over short-sleeve over tank-top, snug or loose, long (hurrah!) and layer-visible.  Similarly, Target's Tissue T-Shirts are a good value at $9.99 and are perfect for everyday wear.


T-shirts
And I think that CURRENT/ELLIOTT's legging jeans are the best complement to the layering story.  I like the look of ankle boots over them, or depending on the weather, ballerinas or thong sandals, although clearly, strappy heels are deliciously conspicuous and highly tempting! 
But the only shopping I did today was in my closet and this is what I have been able to put-together...
It worked too! 
More

No comments: