Friday, February 12, 2010

My Dress state-of-mind



My current dress state-of-mind finds me debating between Issa and Milly.  If my husband were to ask me to pack "vite vite" une robe for a quick getaway I would most likely cheat and take both!   
Issa is the creation of the Brazil-born Daniella Helayel.  Based in London, she brought out the label in 2001 and those lucky enough to have been able to garner her early collections fell in love with them instantly.  Classic Issa is the yet elevated to a higher plane iconic wrap-dress sans VPL's.   The silk jersey creates a silhouette so becoming, it emboldens you towards dangerously flirtatious.  You put the dress on and instantly feel like Charlotte in "The Woman in Red."  For year-round wear, I am looking at these classic-styles...

Solid grey silk dress
Buy it at  mytheresa.com
Silk Jersey Dresses
Buy at joseph M


Photos: joseph M
Kate Middleton wearing Issa 
photo credits: News | Mail Online

When I grow up I want to do like Michelle Smith did!  She created Milly through ardent pursuit of her design in life, keeping with the geniuses in fashion and achieving day into night, functional, prominent and striking dresses.  Wear Milly and the only thing you"ll need to touch-up for cocktails after a day in the boardroom is your mascara.
left: Ruffle-sleeve Dress


right: Chain-link Dress

Buy at Net-A-Porter 


 left: Belted matte Jersey dress 
Buy it at Nordstrom
right: Black Candy Cocktail Dress
Buy it at mytheresa.com 




I love this black ruffle coat (left) which I believe was from her 2008 A/W collection.
And the hunter green soft wool ruffle-collar coat (right) was from her 2009 collection.  I hope she brings it back next  fall.


Bon weekend!

No comments: