Friday, February 5, 2010

Leather jacket....

Every year, I search for the perfect leather jacket and I always find it! (if you look you will find...) Acquiring it is a different matter.  The previous seasons have been prolific, with innovations from the genius Rick Owens, Ventcouvert and Nigel Preston, among others. This season, leather jackets are retro and deconstructed but also free-style, anything goes! 

My leather jacket story....

Ventcouvert biker

I came across the Ventcouvert label in autumn 2006 when Neumann in Vienna started selling their shearling coats.  Averaging at over €1,200 a piece, I went looking at other sources like eBay and consignment shops, but to no avail.  It so happened that I was due for a meeting in Paris and having discovered that the company's showroom was located in Beaumarchais, I decided that it was worth a visit even though I knew that they only sold directly to retailers.  I showed up on a day when the place was abuzz for a showing to Galeries Lafayette and they were just not about to cater to a  mere end-consumer when their current collection was not even on the floors of the Grand Magazins yet.   No matter, the end-result was that persistence and charm scored me this luscious jacket which I have worn proudly, year-round since 2006.

Here are a few others that are perfect....

Theory, Airy Jadira 
why it works: the wide collar, the drawstring waist, the skin-fitting sleeves

Serena had it on when we lunched last week and she turned heads! 
Vince leather cowl neck
why it works: the draped lapel, the off-center hidden zip closure, the color














Rick Owens gathered tie leather jacket  
why it works: it is unlined, the vintage treatment, the asymetric collar, the ribbed jersey cotton inner sleeve, the self-tie side-closure

                                 
Rick Owens blister leather biker  
why it works: the distressed leather, the tight sleeves, pair it with anything ultra-girly and the result is tough as nails chic! 



Rick Owens padded vintage tie leather jacket
why it works: the envelope collar, the drape, the narrow shoulders, the color, the very feminine take
vintage Mikai
why it works: the narrow shoulders, the colarless style, the perfectly-tailored body














Santacrose motorcycle 

if this jacket ever finds its way to my closet, I believe I shall stop looking for a while! 

4 comments:

Motorcycle Leather Jacket said...

Superb collection of leather jackets I must say.

Motorcycle Jackets said...

Love your whole leather jackets gallery. I think I have found one of the best place to find a leather jacket for myself.

Women Leather Skirts said...

Nice post. Keep it up.



Buy Leather Jackets,
Men Leather Pants

Leather Jackets said...

nice post love reading it.