Saturday, March 6, 2010

Men in Suits....

One of the things I miss most about living in a big city is Men in suits!  (It is no joke that I've watched  Men in Black about 12 times and can just about mimic Will Smith when he finally puts on THE SUIT and says to Tommy Lee Jones, who I also happen to think is one of the greatest, by the way, "y'know what the difference is between you an' me?  I MAKE THIS LOOK GOOD!")

The windows along the Graben and Kohlmarkt always certainly induced happy cells in my system but I was very often distracted by another kind of eyecandy - that of a tailored Boss on a dapper dude with clean nails and a good haircut, plus, what an added bonus if he happens to be so perfect as to be rocking  a pair of Pollinis!

Then Veronika once said that the test of a man's true sense of chic is looking good on the weekend as well as during the week - he looks good in that suit but will he look nifty in his Levi's on Saturday?  Or, trend be followed, can he manage the Etro shirt over a pair of Seven's? (no tucking-in please!)

I didn't think I was going to blog about my tomorrow's main event but being that I will most likely, for the first time in Oscars history, be focusing on suits rather than what designer Penelope Cruz has favoured, I wanted to post this eyecandy because although I am far removed from that level of chic, I am confident that these men look great seven days a week!

Actually, all Colin needs to say is "hello" in his native English and I am a goner...

 

what else.... what else?
why oh why don't they ever play the Nespresso commercial here in the U.S.?  

I've loved Jeff Bridges since "Against All Odds" and have seen "The Fabulous Baker Boys" about 10x.... oh, the Makin' Whoope scene......


Is there anyone better than Morgan Freeman out there?????


and to think that Christoph Waltz is Vienesse, and I have to discover this after I had already left that precious city of my life?


May the best man win!

No comments: