Monday, March 1, 2010

It's a melange!

All this bloggin' is makin' me very impatient for spring!   Last night I went to bed thinking about a shop in Vienna that I used to frequent because they carried CLOSED - a favourite spring/summer line of clothing.  They now have an online shop and even offer free shipping --- within Europe.  Hmm, is travel across the Atlantic called for.........
Here are my virtual picks and I would've worn them today if I could've....
J'adore this washed red denims and you betcha I would've dared....
 would've stepped into Fiorentini + Baker

 Serena said that this handbag makes her think of Ali McGraw in Love Story, so now I WANT it even more!


Wright & Teague  is to me what Tiffany’s was to Holly Golightly.  I’ve not breakfasted in front of their Mayfair window yet but I am planning to do so the next time I am in London!  This sentiment charm bracelet says all wonderful things: Vita, Love Divine, Amor, Faith, Vade in Pace, Amor Vincit Om and Walk on the Wild Side
Poetry in jewelry?  You've no idea how that gets me! This is Jeanine Payer's Coralie bracelet.  

"I do not wish to expiate, but to live.  My life is not an apology but a life.  It is for itself and not for a spectacle... My life should be unique, it should be an alms, a battle, a conquest, a medicine...."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
So kitsch and so me! 

This emsemble:
CLOSED Dori Kari embroidered tunic 
CLOSED cotton scarf
CLOSED United-straight white denim
CLOSED United-straight red denim
Fiorentini + Baker Tizz thong sandals, Barneys New York
Mulberry Phoebe handbag
Ippolita Fettucine-hoops
Wright & Teague sentiment charm bracelet
Jeanine Payer Coralie bracelet

********
Then Cinderella wakes up and rushes to her closet and realizes that she needn't travel too far.  She has these pieces et voila! 




washed blue embroidered linen tunic from Flats Napa Valley (a must-visit store in town!)  
 
Tolani scarf 
white Paper Denim & Cloth distressed jeans
 durable, reliable, always chic, crochet and leather Miu Miu (i've had this forever and i still love it bag!)  and last year's BCBG gladiator sandals 
Unode50 and Chan Luu accessories
and so Europe can wait, the weather is here!!!!

More

2 comments:

serena at the urban farmhouse said...

I do love that bag! Have you seen the Vanity Fair spread on Ali MacGraw this month? Lots of gorgeous photos from the 70's - all of which I could picture that bag!

Anonymous said...

I must go get Vanity Fair quickly then!