Monday, March 15, 2010

I covet......

Lately I've been wondering..... do my readers think that I own all the clothes, bags, shoes and accessories that I've been posting on my blog?  Cara says "we all think that you are a Duchess stepping out in full regalia all day everyday" and on this, I trust her judgment implicitly because she reads, she writes -- she is published and if no one else does, she goes through my texts with a fine tooth comb (she is my very own E.B. White, lucky me!)

Well I'd have loved to have been a Duchess (and boy, would I know how to live it up!) but hahah: I am not;  and although I've never owned a "housedress" in my life and am very finicky about hair, nails and the correct accessories; my usual points of destination are Safeway, the Post office, the library, Daniel's high school, the soccer field and yoga. I usually leave the house in my t-shirt, frayed jeans, fleece vest, Uggs or clogs and sometimes, unavoidably, my Reebok yoga trousers.  (I wish to emphasize however, that I NEVER wear sneakers other than when I am jogging!)

Back to the Duchess part, I COVET everything that I've posted on this blog and other than the improvised looks resulting from "shopping in my closet," well, I am left with want - and wouldn't you know it, that's why I blog!

(Pheeew, needed to get that out of the way....)

Speaking of want, my latest obsession is everything Peter O. Mahler.  I visited one of my favourite shops yesterday (appropriately called DIVA) and there, staring at me were THE Blouse, THE Dress and THE skirt from this amazing German designer.  He stresses simplicity through succinct lines utilizing down-to-earth fabrics in fearless colors.  Other adjectives that come to mind are:  precise, clean and no-nonsense!  (Remember Jil Sander before she went Prada?)
I wonder, how many home-cooked schnitzels will it take until my loving husband agrees that I am worth the $325.00 purple Peter O. Mahler tunic at DIVA that I think has been definitely designed for me?

More

No comments: