Monday, March 29, 2010

City Fix


Two nights ago I decided that I needed a city-fix and so the following morning, armed with my camera, the March issue of Vogue and a bottle of water (in my oversized Pashmy bag) I boarded the ferry for San Francisco.
Hiking several blocks from the Ferry Building to Post Street, I entered heavenly Saks Fifth Avenue and duly walked down the stairs to Designer Shoes!  I quickly spotted Tommy Ton's picks and beamed like a child in a candy store!

The not-so-good-news: I had been coveting these Rag & Bone Sahara Open-Toe Wedges and tried them on and wanted so badly for them to be magical on my feet, but sadly, they will grace someone else's smaller than size 39's.

But the good news is: I found two winners!
These Stuart Weitzman Expel's with elastic straps for custom fit, are the perfect platform sandals.  The shoes have a lightly padded footbed and the perfect 3¼" heels, made of nubuck leather, will most definitely provide mileage!   

The other pair is a dainty faux-reptile Elie Tahari strappy sandals on 1½" wedge heels.  They are very airy and ultra-comfortable, I will hike the length of the National Mall in D.C. in these! 

That took all of two hours, and then up to Contemporary Boutique on the fifth floor to get a feel for what  might be daily sassy.  James PerseEquipment (from Intermix Clothing) and Milly never disappoint and an exposé of the best jeans: True Religion, JBrand, Current/Elliott to name a few, will be good fodder for future posts.  Before giving in to my, by this time, rapidly disintegrating self-restraint, I beelined towards Emporio Rulli at Union Square for a shot of the best espresso in all of California.  Caffeine provided a spring to my hike back to the Ferry Building and after standing for what seemed like an eternity at Miette for some of those sexy macaroons, I picked-up Stieg Larsson's "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" from the Book Passage.  (I have to read the book before the film comes out, don't I?)

It was a good day and after handing my ticket to the conductor, I bravely went up to the top-deck and searched for a quiet corner to take in the scenic ferry route back home.  I felt very grown-up!

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an ideal day! Enjoy your book and maybe we will see you at the movie. I am looking forward to the third one in the series coming out in May. Becky

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, comment on my blog, bless your heart! I've finished the book and actually read the sequel prior to this so I am also looking forward to the movie! Third one in May! Well, I am hooked. See you soon!