Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"You have a closet full of greys and blacks!"

say I.......
and about a dozen white cotton button-down shirts for "brightening up" because the manager of the Individualist Department at Nodstrom's, when I worked there for one season in 1989, once said "do not underestimate the power of white!"  Except for the occasional print, preferably from Etro, I find that earth tones and solids work best.  Textures have been very relevant in the recent seasons and it has been a lot of fun putting together extreme combinations!

My recent travel has brought me to my favoured "retail therapy"outlet, Lolo's Consignment in Saint Helena.  I am giddy about two great finds!

 Brunello Cuccinelli cashmere tunic, a steal at $45.00!

I ALREADY HAVE
 a white button-down shirt and a pair of black leggings
   
dark grey motorcycle boots and my precious birthday present, a black Tod's Pashmy
Accesorize....
Ready to lunch at Cindy's!

The second find is a hot leather biker jacket from Ugg 
(they do not only make shearling boots!) also a steal at $125.00!
The jacket has a distressed, shimmery look and the collar and cuffs are lined with beige shearling.  The body is lined with silk jersey, very slimming and gives it a good fall.
I ALREADY HAVE
a beige cashmere turtleneck and a pair of black J Brand skinny jeans
an Etro scarf, a bead necklace and my favourite black Hogan patent leather calf boots
They work!

No comments: